Google’s free keyword tool can be a valuable resource for businesses looking to increase traffic and sales. By using this tool, businesses can identify the keywords that customers are searching for and use them to optimize their website and marketing efforts.
Here are the steps for using Google’s free keyword tool:
1. Log in to Google AdWords: To access the keyword tool, you’ll need to sign in to your Google AdWords account. If you don’t have an account, you can create one for free.
2. Access the Keyword Planner tool: Once you’re logged in, go to the “Tools” section and select “Keyword Planner”. This will take you to the main dashboard of the keyword tool.
3. Enter your keyword ideas: To start, enter some basic keywords related to your business or products. For example, if you sell running shoes, you might enter “running shoes”, “jogging shoes”, or “athletic footwear”.
4. Review keyword ideas: After entering your initial keywords, the tool will generate a list of related keyword ideas. Review this list and identify the keywords that are most relevant to your business and have the most search volume.
5. Analyze competition and search volume: For each keyword, the tool provides information on the level of competition and average monthly search volume. Choose keywords with medium to low competition and high search volume for the best chance of ranking well in search results.
6. Use keywords in your website and marketing efforts: Once you’ve identified your target keywords, use them strategically in your website content, headers, titles, and meta descriptions. You can also use them in your advertising campaigns and social media posts.
7. Monitor and adjust: Keep track of how well your chosen keywords are performing and adjust your strategy as needed. You may need to refine your list of keywords or adjust your marketing tactics to optimize your results.
Using Google’s free keyword tool can help businesses increase traffic and sales by identifying the most relevant and valuable keywords to target. By incorporating these keywords into your website and marketing efforts, you can improve your visibility in search results and attract more customers to your business.