Technical SEO is the foundation of any website’s success. Without proper technical setup, your website may not be able to rank higher in search engines, which means you’ll miss out on potential traffic and sales.
To improve your website’s technical SEO, you need to conduct a free audit. In this article, we’ll show you how to do this step-by-step.
1. Check your website’s loading speed.
Website loading speed is one of the most significant factors that impact your site’s technical SEO. If your website takes more than 3 seconds to load, it’s likely that many visitors will bounce from your site, which reduces your site’s ranking in search engine results.
To improve your website’s loading speed, you can do the following:
– Compress images and videos.
– Use a caching plugin to speed up your site’s load time.
– Remove unnecessary plugins or widgets.
2. Optimize your website’s code.
The website’s code is the backbone of your website, and it can impact SEO. If your website’s code is bloated and not optimized, it can lead to reduced website speed and functionality issues.
To enhance your website’s code, you can do the following:
– Use CDN to speed up your website’s delivery time.
3. Fix website errors and broken links.
Website errors and broken links can prevent search engines from crawling your website. This is why it’s essential to fix any errors, including 404 errors and broken links.
To catch any errors, you can use the following tools:
– Google Webmaster Tools – this tool helps identify and fix broken links.
– W3C Validation – checks for HTML and CSS errors.
– Screaming Frog – helps identify any issues that may impact technical SEO.
4. Optimize your website structure.
Another important aspect of your website’s technical SEO is its structure. Your website structure determines how easy it is for search engines to crawl and index your website.
To optimize your website structure, you can do the following:
– Create a sitemap that outlines the structure of your website.
– Put pages into a hierarchical structure.
– Use descriptive and SEO-friendly URLs.
5. Ensure your website is mobile-friendly.
In today’s digital age, more and more people access websites via their mobile devices. As a result, it’s essential to ensure your website is mobile-friendly. If your website isn’t mobile-friendly, it can impact your website’s ranking in search engine results.
To make your website mobile-friendly, you can do the following:
– Use responsive web design.
– Optimize images for mobile screens.
– Use a mobile-friendly theme or template.
Your website’s technical SEO plays a crucial role in your online success. By conducting a free audit of your website, you can identify any technical issues that may impact your website’s ranking in search engine results. By following the steps outlined in this article, you can improve your website’s technical SEO to drive more traffic and increase your online success.