As a website owner, you must prioritize technical SEO to improve your website’s ranking and traffic. Technical SEO focuses on optimizing your website’s infrastructure, backend, and factors affecting its visibility in search engines. As such, technical SEO checklist items are essential tasks that you must complete to improve your website’s ranking.
Here are the essential technical SEO checklist items to focus on to achieve higher ranking:
1. Website Speed: Website speed is crucial for SEO as Google considers page loading time as a ranking factor. Use tools like Google PageSpeed Insights to gauge your website speed and identify areas of improvement.
2. Mobile Responsive: A mobile-responsive website is imperative for Google as it prioritizes mobile-first index. Your website must quickly adapt to different screen sizes and resolutions, load fast, and provide seamless navigation and interaction.
3. Crawlability: Google uses crawlers to index your website content. Ensure that your website structure, sitemap, and robots.txt file are set up correctly, avoiding roadblocks that may hinder search engine crawlers’ access to your website.
4. HTTPS: Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encrypts all data exchange between the server and user. It improves data privacy, security and positively impacts SEO. HTTPS websites are now a prerequisite to rank higher in Google search results.
5. Structured Data: Structured data helps search engines understand your website content and deliver relevant search results to your audience. Use Schema Markup to provide essential information on your website pages, making it easier for search engines to identify and rank relevant pages.
6. Meta Tags: Meta tags provide information about your website pages, including title and description tags. These tags help Google identify your website content and deliver relevant search results to your audience.
7. URL Structure: A website’s URL structure is an integral component of technical SEO. It should be structured correctly, such as including keywords relevant to the content, avoiding dynamic URLs, using hyphens instead of underscores, and keeping URLs concise.
8. Website Architecture: Website architecture determines how your website’s content is organized and structured. Your website structure should be organized hierarchically, making it easy for users and search engines to navigate through sections, categories, and pages.
9. Canonical URLs: A canonical URL indicates the primary URL of a website page, which helps prevent duplicate content. Google considers canonical URLs as legitimate and avoids confusion, resulting in better ranking.
10. Broken Links: Broken links negatively impact your website’s ranking, user experience, and crawlability. Scan your website with tools like Google Search Console to identify and fix any broken links on your website.
In conclusion, essential technical SEO checklist items are easy to follow and significantly impact your website’s ranking. As a website owner, it is your responsibility to optimize your website for search engines to improve the visibility and user experience. Ensure that your website complies with these ten essential technical SEO checklist items to achieve higher ranking and more traffic.